Supporting the next phase of growth
As part of its strategy to inspire and support a lifetime of motoring and cycling, Halfords is investing heavily in the customer experience. Key to this is delivery of a transformational shift in store format, a more innovative and personalised online site and broadened access to its services.
Halfords needed a customer experience solution to track performance against strategic priorities, offer clear prioritisation to commercial opportunities and help activate these.
End-to-end measurement with high level buy in
In 2016 we were enlisted to deliver a more insightful, joined-up view of the Halfords store and web experience. Four years on and we now cover CX measurement of the entire end-to-end journey for Halfords and Halfords Autocentres. The programme has won unprecedented buy-in – from frontline staff to the very highest levels at Halfords.
A solution that empowers and drives activation
We’ve helped Halfords make some big improvements:
- Supporting the creation of a Customer Board – instrumental in seeking investment to drive joined-up CX change
- Better understanding of customer feelings evoked throughout buying journeys to help enhance customer interactions
- Investment in click & collect and returns journeys
- Identification of priority areas to improve product availability based on commercial return
- Clearer focus on store-level opportunities to drive growth
- Stronger metrics that ensure the business better understands performance and feels empowered to act
“From the beginning, Kokoro’s experience, expertise and thought leadership has helped us re-connect experience with colleagues at every level of the business. With new bespoke metrics collaboratively designed to reflect both customer needs, and our customer strategy, we’ve seen stakeholders become equipped to meaningfully influence change in all areas of the business, from face to face colleague interaction, to supply and store design. Always ready to support, and importantly, to challenge, Kokoro have proven to be an excellent partner in our drive forwards in CX for our business.”
Simon Gurney, Head of Customer Experience
450 Halfords stores, 315 Autocentre garages
£1.135 billion in 2018
Over 1.3 million pieces of customer feedback analysed